Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am ***** ***** and I need information about working permit…

Customer Question
Hi. I am *****...

Hi. I am ***** ***** and I need information about working permit during green card application

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I am Italian citizen married 1 year and half ago with a US citizen. I have a job opportunity with US company in US and I am trying to understand how I can manage work while I am applying for a green card

Lawyer's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
I need to understand the timing. I am planning to apply for green card while I am in US but I want to start working as soon as possible.
1/17/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

You cannot apply for your green card while in the US if you enter on the VWP. Do you have a B1/2 tourist visa?

Judith