How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 29021
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My issue is regarding H1b
, Sure, I have been in USA

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** my issue is regarding H1b
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure, I have been in USA for 10 years, I came here as a H4 dependent on my Dad`s H1b, ones i turned 21, I did a change of status to F1, I completed my highschool and Bachelors from USA and recently completed my MBA. I have used up my OPT and CPT and have been applying to H1b for past 3 years but because of the lottery my application never got selected. Now that I have completed my MBA, I am looking for a company who can sponsor my H1b, especially if its a non profit organization as their H1 do not fall under any quota or lottery system
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yeh sure what you mean by I pay only if I am satisfied? I really need a solution thats going to work not solutions like get married and all that, or go back to your country, because I have to pay off my loans for my bachelors, and before I pay that I cannot go back so I need a real solution
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

To confirm you have used up your MBA OPT?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well while doing my MBA I worked on fulltime CPT, therefore I am no more eligible for MBA OPT.
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

That is unfortunate because you have no option to carry you over to trying again for the H1B lottery come April 1st.

Your only option is to try to find some research position or teaching position with a university or community college.

It does not have to be full-time. So if you could get your foot in the door of a community college to teach a class or two then you would be eligible for the cap exempt H1B while you try again for this years lottery.

Obviously your only other option is to enroll in a PhD program to continue your education and seek CPT through that.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. Kindly give me a positive rating when you are done. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.


Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.