How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend and I have already booked and payed beach house

Customer Question

My boyfriend and I have already booked and payed for a beach house on South Padre,=. I went years ago and didn't need a passport only my drivers license. My boyfriend moved her with his family a year ago throught the help of the American Army. He has a steady job and no criminal backgroung. He has work permit and an aurthority visa? We plan on taking this trip with my children in the end of August. He has a valid US drivers licence but now I am worried he might nee a passport but I now sure if he can get one. Is there anyway to get to South Padre with checkpoints? I just really hate to loose the money I spent on this family vacation. Can you help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Does your boyfriend have a valid passport of any country and a valid US visa?

Do you have a valid US passport or valid US Birth Certificate

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My boyfriend has a work visa but will be getting his green card in 3 months, I have no passport but I do have my birth certificate and drivers license
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my boyfriend also has a valid us drivers license
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Do I understand correctly that your boyfriend is legally in the USA?

Do I also understand correctly that you will not be leaving the US, but will be traveling to South Padre island in Texas?

What is your b/f nationality and which country's passport does he have?