Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I'm supposed to be sworn in as a citizen next week but I'm

Customer Question

I'm supposed to be sworn in as a citizen next week but I'm separated (not legally) from my wife. I filed for citizenship before we separated. We have been married for 27 years. During the interview I didn't discuss the issue because we are not legally separated and I am at the house (with her) during the weekend. Also we have three children together. Is my citizenship in jeopardy?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

How long have you been a legal permanent resident of the US?

Hello.. I am just checking whether you saw my follow up question. I cannot help you and give you an answer until you reply to me . Please reply when you can :)