How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a u.s citizen wants to get a... I'm a u.s

Customer Question

Hi I'm a u.s citizen wants to get a...
Hi I'm a u.s citizen wants to get a divorce . She is not a u.s citizen . I petion her for her green card . And hired an attorney to respond to the (NOID) at the time I wanted to file a divorce but they told me I had to respond . Which I did . To make short I filed for a divorce . I justrecently found out we got a descion notice . If I want to appeal . Which I don't . Do I have to send a letter to immigration that I filed a divorce .....
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Thank you for this information but I need more.

What did you get the NOID for? I-130? I-485? I-751?

Why did you divorce? Did you believe she married you strictly for the immigration benefit?

What was the decision?

There is a volume of small details that would also help me to understand this case to to make a recommendation on the next action you should take it it would be really in your best interest for us to talk on the phone. I take my watch off so for one set fee we could talk for an hour or more or less. As long as it takes to develop a strategy for you.