Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I am a card holder, residing in california. I have been

Customer Question

I am a green card holder, residing in california. I have been living in california since summer 2010 and this summer i am eligible to apply for US citizenship. I am also preparing myself to propose to my girl friend who is out of USA, liviing in armenia, so technically she is not a US citizen nor a green card holder. How can i apply for her so she can move in with me and reside in US?- What is the shortest and best way to get her a visa and green card? - If i get engaged with her soon can i apply for fiance visa or i have to be a US citizen?
Please advice
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you .

How can i apply for her so she can move in with me and reside in US?- You can choose to submit a fiance visa application for her or you can go to her and get married and then petition for your CR-1 immigrant visa (green card). For the fiance visa, you MUST be a US citizen so you would have to wait until you become a citizen.

What is the shortest and best way to get her a visa and green card? It will like be faster to apply for the fiance vis

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

a. It takes about 6-9 months ; it could be a little longer currently.

The CR-1 takes about 9 months to a year for the whole process.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

For the fiance visa how long will it take to get one? Can i marry her with green card or the process will be longer?