Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I have a friend, a fiancee in Burkina Faso, they are not

Customer Question

I have a friend, a fiancee in Burkina Faso, they are not allowing him to leave, to return to France English speaking country because of debt. His card was refused at the bank while on work there and he has had no money to pay the debt. I have been trying but do not have the resources to finance this. Is there anything that can be done for him? How do we get him out, so he can get to his bank to get the money to pay?
They paid him his contract, deposited it into his account, but he cannot leave the country. They will not allow it, He tried even leaving overnight by bus, but the Ivory Coast turned him back. He only speaks French
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) How did you meet your fiance? Online?

2) Have you ever seen your fiance in person?

3) Does he have citizenship in any western country like UK, US, Canada, Germany, Australia, etc?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!