Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am ***** *****
, sure... I am in New york on F-1 visa

Customer Question

Customer: I am ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure... I am in New york on F-1 visa now. Can I apply for asylum in another state?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Will they just answer one question?Or several?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

I will answer several questions, it just may be a little bit between answers as it is the weekend. Yes, you can apply for Asylum in a different state if that is where you move to. Or you can apply in New York then if you move you can change venue. What country are you from? How long have you been in the U.S.? What is the basis of your persecution?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

I responded to your original question with a YES, you can apply for Asylum from a different state if you are residing in that state. If not, you have to apply from the state that you reside in and then later if you move, you can request a change of venue. If you want to know what your chances of approval are, I would need to know how long you have been in the U.S., what country you are from and what is the cause of the persecution and by whom. If you don't want to tell me, that's fine, but I am only trying to help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Frank. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!