How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108656
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Guillermo, While waiting I-130, may my wife, and her son,

Customer Question

Hi Guillermo,While waiting for her I-130, may my wife, and her son, come to the US for a month or two to help get our house setup ? On a tourist VISA ?Thank you in advance,Chris OPLEr
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my friend. Happy New Year. Unfortunately, they would almost certainly be denied entry using a B-2 because they have a pending I-130. I wouldn't even have them try because it could result in a 5 year or even a permanent bar if they are questioned and the officers aren't happy with the answers or they catch them in a lie or something. So please be careful and just be patient. I know it is hard, but it is important that you take care. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to leave a positive rating. Thank you and Happy New Year!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Chris. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions