How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108657
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a card holder, and residing in los angeles. I am

Customer Question

I am a green card holder, and residing in los angeles. I am planning to get engaged with my girl friend, who lives in Armenia. I wanted to know what is the fastest possible way to bring her here. I know about the fiance visa, but is there any other way? Shall i get married or wait and bring her here? - Can i do anything before becomming permanent resident?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You cannot qualify for the K-1 fiancée visa because you are not a U.S. Citizen. Even if you were, you would be looking at around a 9 month process. So when you say what is the fastest, unless there is some emergency or compelling reason, 9 months is around the fastest. As a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, you are looking at about a year and a half. How long have you been a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Have gotten answer from this lawyer before not satisfied
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Did you send a response? I'm not sure it posted. Please let me know how long you have been an LPR. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Unfortunately, since you are only a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident LPR), it will take about a year and a half before your spouse (you must marry since there is no fiancée petition available for an LPR) can immigrate to the U.S. This is because a visa is not immediately available to the spouse of an LPR. Here is a link to the process:

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Related Immigration Law Questions