How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am ***** *****. I am married to an international student

Customer Question

Customer: I am ***** *****. I am married to an international student that I love. we lived together for 3 years. I petitioned for the I130 and she applied for adjustment of status. We had the interview on September 9th. My job sent me to another city, my wife has refused to move there with me where my job transferred me. And I found out my wife is cheating on me, she moved from our house and has a new boyfriend.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am thinking of withdrawing the I130. but she is blackmailing me because I made some mistakes along the way.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I will wait and $18 is not a problem
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I require to give you an answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important because do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

Please answer the following:

What is your specific question?

And what kind of "mistakes" do you mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to withdraw my petition for I 130. Is she going to be notified that I withdrew it?
As for the mistake, I wanted to follow me so bad at my new place of work that I hired a person to act as an immigration officer and I made up a fake immigration notification letter. She found out that they are fake. she is blackmailing me that if I withdraw or divorce her she will tell them that I fabricated those documents. What are my options?
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

I cannot speak to the fraudulent documents, as that is a potentially criminal matter. I can only speak to the immigration issues, themselves.

Is that OK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay let's talk about immigration matters
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?