How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5228
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am pregnant and trying to find the fastest way to get my

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. I am pregnant and trying to find the fastest way to get my boyfriend back to the states. We just have a lot that is getting in our way it seems like.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He is leaving the states on 01/02/2016. He was here on a work visa (E2) that is how we met. He has been let go from the company and is now having to go back to Canada. He is still married to a third party that is in Canada. So we can not use that option right now.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I have met with an attorney already and I'm afraid that the best two option like he told me is file for a finance visa or et married..?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Besides marriage, the only other viable options for Canada that I can see would be an investment visa (minimum $500,000), student visa or another work visa if he has a job offer. Does he have another job offer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he doesn't have another job offer
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately those would be the only options that exist for returning:

1. Canadian visitor

2. Student visa

3. Work visas or employment green card ( H visa, L visa, TN)- but these require job offers

Otherwise, once he gets divorced, you and him can also get married and you can begin the spousal visa petition for him.

I'm sorry, I wish there was another option but I do not make the law. I can only explain it to you the way it stands. I hope you understand this. If you need any other clarification please let me know. Otherwise I hope I have earned your positive rating.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.