Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I came to the U.S. from Indonesia 10 years ago. Someone told

Customer Question

I came to the U.S. from Indonesia 10 years ago. Someone told me that if I’ve been here for ten years, I can get a green card. Is that true? Where and how do I apply? But i don't have any relative who's a US citizen, can someone explain ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

It is actually not as easy as it sounds unfortunately. What people are talking about is called Cancellation of Removal/Deportation. It is called this because you can only apply for it if you have been picked up by immigration officers and put into immigration/deportation court.That is the first requirement. So you cannot apply unless you are in deportation court.

Then, you would need to have all of these NO EXCEPTIONS to apply:10 years in the US, a US citizen relative (spouse, parent or child only), good moral character.

Since you do not have a US citizen relative, you cannot apply right now even if you were in deportation court. I'm sorry, I wish I had better news. I don't make the law and I can't change it. Hope you understand.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello there.. I see that you were able to read my answer. Do you have any follow up questions that I can answer for you?

Please let me know if I can help. Hope that I have earned your positive rating. Thanks!