How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 16720
Experience:  Licensed Attorney
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

6 years ago I married a guy from india. He got s greencard

Customer Question

6 years ago I married a guy from india. He got his greencard and then november 11 2015 he necame a citizen. He moved out dec 6 2015. Today he told he wants a divorce because he is unhappy. He is offering to pay a debt of 17000 dollars. What can I do in this situation
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok can I file a fraudulent marriage with ins or is it too late
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Do you have any evidence that your husband committed any immigration marriage fraud?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He moved out two weeks after the recieving the citizenship.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He told me he will pay off my debt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he filed for divorce
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know if I can prove remarried to another girl
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, if someone applied for immigration benefits based on marriage and then lived with his spouse for 6 years, before moving out / separating, generally unless there are other clear evidence of immigration marriage fraud, such action or offer to pay for the spouse's debt would not be considered evidence of marriage fraud, since people get married and subsequently get divorced for many different reasons, which have nothing to do with any type of immigration fraud.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!