Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

24 December 2015 09:29 I am filling in the form I-130, and i

Customer Question
24 December 2015 09:29 Hello,I am...
24 December 2015 09:29
Hello,I am filling in the form I-130, and i have been married for less than 2 years.
Therefore, i need a clarification on this section of the 1-130 instructions.Notice to Persons Filing for Spouses, If Married Less Than 2 Years
"Pursuant to section 216 of the Immigration and Nationality
Act, your alien spouse may be granted conditional permanent
resident status in the United States as of the date he or she is
admitted or adjusted to conditional status by a USCIS officer.
Both you and your conditional resident spouse are required to
file Form I-751, Joint Petition to Remove Conditional Basis of
Alien's Permanent Resident Status, during the 90-day period
immediately before the second anniversary of the date your
alien spouse was granted conditional permanent resident
status.
Otherwise, the rights, privileges, responsibilities, and duties
that apply to all other permanent residents apply equally to a
conditional permanent resident. A conditional permanent
resident is not limited to the right to apply for naturalization,
file petitions on behalf of qualifying relatives, or reside
permanently in the United States as an immigrant in
accordance with our Nation's immigration laws.
NOTE:
Failure to file the Form I-751 joint petition to remove
the conditional basis of the alien spouse's permanent resident
status will result in the termination of his or her permanent
resident status and initiation of removal proceedingsve to fill in the I-751 form."24 December 2015 09:31
Yes, and i was also seeking advise on #22 of the I-30 form
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/24/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

I am not clear on your question about #22 on the form.

Judith

#22 has noting to do with the conditional status.

If your spouse is residing abroad you would put the city and country where she will apply for her visa.

I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.
Judith

I have sent you an offer to for a live telephone call.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer