How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5232
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got pg 240.20 back in 04/04/15 I want to apply So what do

Customer Question

I got pg 240.20 back in 04/04/15
I want to apply for citizenship
So what do you think....
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

A criminal conviction such as disorderly conduct is normally not enough to bar you from citizenship or to put you into deportation proceedings (court); however the USCIS officer who gets your case has the full discretion to look into the crime and the underlying facts related to the crime. Any crime can be used against you to decide whether you meet the requirements for Good Moral Character. It will be up to the officer to decide whether you still meet the Good Moral Character requirement despite the conviction in order to be granted the citizenship.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again..

I am just checking whether you had read my answer and if you had follow up questions. I noticed you didn't submit a rating. Please keep in mind that I only receive credit for my work when you leave me a positive rating. You will not be charged again for doing this.