Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am a F-1 visa student. Last december my sevis was

Customer Question
Customer: hello I am a...
Customer: hello I am a F-1 visa student. Last december my sevis was terminated because I was dropped out from one of my class. I traveled outside the States and reinstated successfully however, I was notified that my new sevis is terminated again because of my failure to register for my desired classes I am applying for reinstatement and I want to know my chances of being approved
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: So in Spring term 2015 I failed to enroll that led to the violation of my status. I have been a full-time student until now but the school just notified that because of my failure to enroll in Spring term my SEVIS is terminated again
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
12/21/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What was the reason that you failed to enroll this second time?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Because I had a hold on my student account which prevent me to register for my required classes on time, so I waited until next term to enroll full time. I arrived to the States that time with a new I-20 so I thought it would only officially start when I enroll in the school.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Generally my misunderstanding of F-1 regulations led to this unfortunate situation. I also wonder if my application is denied, will I still be able to stay and finish school? I am very close to graduate from college

Well, the chances are good if you can prove that the reason that you failed to register was beyond your control. All you can do is try. Speak with your Designated School Officer (DSO) and get their help to reinstate you just as you did the last time. If you are not able to get reinstatement, you will have to leave the U.S. and petition for a new F-1 visa to come back to finish your program. You can also stay illegally and finish, but once you finish, you should leave because you won't be able to get back into legal status through employment, investment or study unless you do it from outside of the U.S. I strongly recommend reinstating and if that fails, leaving and applying from outside of the U.S. to come back.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.