How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 16628
Experience:  Licensed Attorney
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife applied citizenship. She is a U.S. citizen (she has

Customer Question

My wife applied for my citizenship. She is a U.S. citizen (she has a US passport). Her parents were naturalized and she was under 18 and unmarried at that time. So she got the U.S. passport, but she does not have any naturalized certificate.
She applied for my green card and everything went smoothly so far. I had my green card for 3 years and now I was going to apply for citizenship through N-400. Then got this question:
Part 9. 6. B. Date your current spouse became a U.S. citizen.
Since she does not have a naturalization certificate. What should be the date? Should it be when her mother was naturalized? Or the date when she got her passport? Or should she apply for naturalization now with $600?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Generally, if a person was naturalized along with his/her parents, then the date of naturalization will be the date that the parents were naturalized.

I wish you the best of luck!

Related Immigration Law Questions