Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

My issue is regarding F-1 reinstatement
, Sure. I was

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is***** issue is regarding F-1 reinstatement
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure. I was supposed to graduate on Dec 15th 2015 but could not meet the requirements. I am a PhD student and I was supposed to complete my dissertation defense and submit the approved dissertation before 11th Dec. On 10th december I completed my defense but failed to submit the approved dissertation as the committee asked to do major changes in the dissertation due to my mistakes. In the meanwhile my I-20 expired on Dec 15th which I forgot to follow with the extension procedures. Now I am in a dilemma if I apply for reinstatement then what are my chances for getting it approved as far as I know I have two choices apply for reinstatement with I-539 or leave the country and come back in with a new initial I-20
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ok sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I require to give you an answer.Once you receive an answer, you will be asked to rate me for my customer service to you. I do not get a salary here, so your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.Please answer the following:Is the DSO willing to support reinstatement by issuing a new I-20?