Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My brother is 67, lives in Israel and collects S.S. He is

Customer Question

My brother is 67, lives in Israel and collects S.S. He is about to marry an Israeli who is not a U..S. citizen. How does she go about collecting half of his S.S. and is she intitled to collect his S.S. if he predeceased her. Does one need to be in the U.S. to become a legal alien and if so how long does it take? Thank you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I require to give you an answer.

Once you receive an answer, you will be asked to rate me for my customer service to you. I do not get a salary here, so your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

The SS questions are not something I can answer for you, as this is not the SS topic area. But I can answer the questions about the legal resident stuff. Would you like me to do that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to rewrite my question?????????????????? I gave my credit card.

No you don't have to rewrite the question. Nowhere did I ask you to do that.

As I mentioned initially, I will have to ask you questions to get all of the information I require. Once I have all of the information I need, I will send you an answer.

I asked you a question above, in bold. Please just answer it do we can proceed.