How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3956
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** Murray and I would like to to know

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** Murray and I would like to to know what to do after I got arrested for a Misdemeanur 2nd degree / Petit Theft for not paying a ride cab. What should I do the payment of this infracion and
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure I was arrested March 19 2015 level misdemeanor 2nd deg obts. no.(###) ###-####arrest agency north Miami Police Department so now I am back in my country in Mexico and I am applying for a new tourist visa
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Please explain what you mean by what do you do? You would have to pay any outstanding fines for the arrest. What else do you mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jennifer and thank you for assisting me. I am living and working in Mexico City, andI am applying for a new B1/B2 Tourist Visa at the U.S. Embassy. Last April of this year I was in Florida for holidays and I took a cab, from Fort Lauderdale to Bal Harbour but I had a misunderstandinfg with the taxi driver and I was arreted for a misdemeanour 2nd degree, The embassy is asking me to bring to the interview the police report and my question is how can I pay or if I can pay online and in what website I can do this?
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm sorry for the delay.

Were you arrested in Miami Dade or Broward county?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jennifer.
I was arrested in North Miami, so this morning I called North Miami Police Department to get my case number. Then I asked them if they were able to give me also my case number ***** the Clerk of the Courts of Miami Dade, but the problema is that they are not able to find it. It is a traffic citation because my case number ***** with a number, but it is not appearing in their records. So my question is how can pay my traffic citation if is not apprearing in their system? I already sent an email to the Clerk of the Courts of Miami Dade and see if they can find it. Or what could be another solution to pay this?
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried calling the Miami Dade Clerk or Courts?

Related Immigration Law Questions