How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 9368
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it possible with a Card presently in the USA year to

Customer Question

Hello Is it possible for someone with a Green Card presently in the USA for 4 year to marry a foreigner and petition them to stay?

Also so they can work?


Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

The answer is Yes, see

Only a citizen can file a fiancee petition, so you would have to get married outside the US prior to filing the

I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

You can get a free consultation from some of the local immigration attorneys listed by location here.

Please follow up on this with a local attorney.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.


So we would need to be married outside USA.

And then how long is the process after applying for them to be able to come legally into USA and work?

Alien is from Israel.

Thanks in advance.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

states it will take several weeks or months just to get the I-130 approved, then more months to get a visa.

An immigration attorney in Israel will have a more accurate answer. You can find them listed at

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks some of your response is missing at the beginning.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

I think everything I meant to post displayed.

"Any inquires concerning your immigrant visa case should be sent to the Consulate in Jerusalem at the following E-mail *****@******.*** or at the following address:

American Consulate General
Immigrant Visa Unit
P.O.Box 290
Jerusalem (###) ###-####/p>

General information about Immigrant Visa processing can be found at "