Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

Last time I went to the U.S was a few months ago and the

Customer Question

Last time I went to the U.S was a few months ago and the immigration officer who checked my bags was incredibly intimidating and judgemental. He had decided that I was smuggling in drugs because I knew someone in prison. I was so scared I answered all his no questions with not that I can recall and he became even more intimidating.
Now I am scared that because I am applying for a CR-1 that I may be inadmissible because I don't know if I answered all his questions right or not. I didn't smuggle drugs, I didn't work nor did I overstay.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

What is your specific question regarding your situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could I be inadmissible for my CR-1 for wrong information because I couldnt recall the correct answer at the border?

The correct answer to what?

Were you allowed into the US during that trip or after?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was allowed into the U.S for that trip but I am not sure I answered questions correctly like said no when maybe I should have said yes type thing.

If you had said no to something you should have said yes to or vice versa, you would not have been allowed into the US. If you were inadmissible, you wouldve known on that trip. If you were allowed in, that is a good indicator that you are not inadmissible.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.