How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5223
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a U S citizen and 60 years old disabled. Lived alone

Customer Question

I'm a U S citizen and 60 years old disabled. Lived alone since I got divorce from military personnel 15 years ago.
How can I bring my older brother and his son/nephew to US?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

In order to petition for a sibling, you would have to submit the I-130 petition which is found here The cost is $420. You do not need to file a separate petition for the son. But the son can only accompany his father if he is under 21 at the time that there is a visa number available.

Unfortunately the problem is that there is a very long wait time for siblings visa numbers to be available. This means that even if the petition gets approved,there will not be a visa number available for many years. Right now the wait is 12 years if your brother is from any country except Mexico the Philippines. If he is from there, the wait is 18 for Mexico and 23 for the Philippines.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.