Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My fiancee arrived on a K-1 visa and we are going to apply

Customer Question

My fiancee arrived on a K-1 visa and we are going to apply for a SSN. We want to at least get her date of birth corrected and unfortunately almost none of her documents agree. What is the best course of action to take at the SSA office besides bringing all the conflicting documentation and her mother's written statement stating her real age?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I would suggest that you try to correct at least her passport first to have her most up to date ID with the right date of birth. You may also try to get a clear letter from her parents as to what is the correct name and birth date and notarize it if possible.

Besides that or if you cannot do that, all you can do is take all available documents with you to the SSA office. Unfortunately there is not much more choice besides trying to explain it as best as possible with what you have available.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.