How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108640
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Madam I am on a conditional card since 04/29/2014. I will

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam
I am on a conditional green card since 04/29/2014. I will apply for the petition to remove the condition on my permanent resident three months before the card expiration date of 04/29/2016.
My question is related with the question number 20 on the Form I-751. I was stopped on Sept 19, 2015 for slow driving and lane changing in Denver, CO (no accidents). I am charged with DWAI (driving while ability impaired), arrested and detained but I am not convicted. I am fighting the charge. The disposition date on the court is set for February 3rd, 2016 and if the case can not be settled the jury trial date is set for March 29, 2016. I have no other police records or traffic violations.
Should I say "yes" to question 20 on Form I-751? If yes (or no) what are the documents I should provide in addition to the police report (which I received from my lawyer)? I do not have any court certified copy of the complete arrest record and disposition for each incident (or any court papers).
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You have to mark "YES" because you were charged. You will need to provide a certified copy of the police report and the court disposition. Yes, I know the case may not be closed by the time you want to file, but file without it, and just keep in mind that you will need to provide it later. I understand you may not have anything certified yet, but you will need to make the effort to get them. Regardless, even if you are convicted, this will not normally cause you to be denied Residency if it is a simple DWAI with no injuries or damages.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions