How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 27087
Experience:  18 years of criminal litigation experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm on probation (state of Texas being transferred to NJ)

Customer Question

I'm on probation (state of Texas being transferred to NJ) and I want to return to my country of origin. How can I do that?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Supervised release with no specifically mentioned travel ban
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.


If you're on supervised probation, you are required to tell your probation officer if you intend to leave the county, let alone the country. You must ask permission of your probation officer in order to travel outside of the US. If you don't, this could be a violation of the terms of your probation. If your PO turns you down, you can take the matter before the judge, who has the power to overrule probation on the issue and let you travel.

Related Immigration Law Questions