How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109007
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A relative is in jail due to being here illegaly he has

Customer Question

A relative is in jail due to being here illegaly he has about 20 days left for deportation but his mother is about to pass away in mexico is there anyway he can go before she passes?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You mean to expedite the removal/deportation? Does he have any crimes in his background? Which? Does he have a Mexican passport?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he does not have no crimes in his background they caught him while trying to come to the u.s. and he does not have mexican passport he is originally from veracruz
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

He can ask for voluntary departure but they may require him to submit a passport and proof that he has made travel arrangements. If he doesn't have a passport at all, then it is more up to the Mexican government in them accepting him back and how long both governments take to square all the paperwork. He can ask for an emergency hearing and provide evidence of his mother's condition. If you can help him get a passport and help him get transportation back to Mexico, that could also help. Other than that, there isn't much that can be done, but they should cooperate if he cooperates because it costs them money to keep him detained.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Erik. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!