How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Judith, I have a friend and she is here with her whole

Customer Question

Hi Judith, I have a friend and she is here with her whole family on a visa, which is for an extended time. She is now confused with her life, she wants to file a divorce because her husband is cheating on her with other women. Also, Her family wants her to marry her with the relative who is US citizen to secure her and her kids' life. What would be the procedure for her to be a green card holder? Does she have to go back to her country in order to process her status of adjustment?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

I had emergency spinal cord surgery sat am. It may be a day or two before I can respond.