Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Will be very helpful advice! My problem is that I came to

Customer Question

Hello! My name is***** be very helpful for your advice! My problem is that I came to the USA by j1 visa. I made a political asylum as I'm gay but I didn have a chance to go to the interview. My grandmother got very sick and I had to go to my home country to see her. The interview was scheduled when I left already and soon my case was closed as I didn't show up. I'm in Russia now and really need to come back. Are there are any options for me to do it? Is it possible for me to get a student or bride visa? I would be happy to get my master degree in the states! And it's just very tough for me here being gay. If you can help me I would be very thankful and will be glad to work with you if I really have any options! Thank you! And happy thanksgiving!
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

That you went back after filing Asylum makes it very difficult because it shows that you really didn't fear for you life if you went back because your grandmother got sick. So this will count against you, I'm afraid. When you say bride visa, do you have a U.S. Citizen fiancée?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If you truly fear persecution in your country because of your race, nationality, religion, social group or political opinion, then you can try for Refugee status. Here is a link:

http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/refugees

If you are engaged to a U.S. Citizen or you marry one, you can do the K-1, or K-3 or CR-1. Here is a link to all three:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/fiance.html

and another link:

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/Resources%20for%20Congress/Congressional%20Reports/I-129F%20Petition%20for%20Alien%20Fiance%28e%29.pdf

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Diana. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!