How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28812
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Atty. Judith, My sister is coming over as an F4

Customer Question

Dear Atty. Judith,
My sister is coming over as an F4 principal immigrant. Her husband is coming with her as a derivative? He works overseas and he is thinking of coming over at a later date maybe in 2 months after my sister already is here in the US. Is it possible to do that or does he need to travel and enter the US with the principal applicant. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, t hank you for th erequest.

Your sister's derivative beneficiaries of your petition can enter the US after her. They will have an immigrant visa stamp valid for 6 months.

They can enter anytime during the validity period of their visa. The only requirement is that your sister enter before any derivative.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.


Related Immigration Law Questions