Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My girlfriend is on here in the U.S. 90 day non visa period.

Customer Question

Hi my girlfriend is on here in the U.S. for the 90 day non visa period. She and I wish to get married eventually so she can live here. what should I do?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You are a U.S. Citizen? And she entered the U.S. on an ESTA Visa Waiver?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am U.S. Citizen. I am not 100% about my girlfriend but I am pretty sure that she entered through the Visa Waiver since her stay is only for 90 days.

I agree with you. You are probably correct. It is either that or a B-2 visa and either of those are good.

After you marry, you will need to file an adjustment package. This includes the following forms: I-130 (Petition for family member), I-485 (application for Lawful Permanent Residency), I-765 (Application for work permit), I-131 (Application for Advance Parole), G-325a (Biographic data - one for each of you), I-693 (Medical exam that a certified doctor must fill out), and I-864 (Affidavit of support). You will need to file each form with supporting evidence and appropriate filing fees. You can find these forms at www.uscis.gov/forms.

The supporting evidence that you would file would be birth certificates, marriage certificate, divorce certificates if either of you have been married previously, proof of your U.S. Citizenship, proof of your spouse's legal entry into the U.S., and financial documents to prove your income over the last year at least.

In about 3 to 5 months after filing, she should get a work permit and Advance Parole. About 5 to 7 months after filing you should get an interview (though now it is taking longer, so maybe closer to 7 to 9 months). If all goes well, a few weeks later she should get a Residency status (green card).

I will now send you a low-cost offer so that I can pass on my personal phone number and email. Check your email for that and follow the directions. These are my favorite cases to do. I enjoy them and have been doing them for many years. I cannot discuss my services on an open forum, but if you accept, you will see I have multiple services available to you from document review to full representation and all economical. You won't be disappointed. If you want to decline it, no problem, you can ask additional questions without any additional charge. But if you do decline it, PLEASE remember to leave a positive rating for me. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Since I am not given a salary, it is the only way that I am compensated by the website. Use those smiley faces or stars. Also, a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. And finally, your question does NOT close just because it says, To finish… I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Seung. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Seung, thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.