Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I DO NOT HAVE MY RECEIPT NUMBER, OW CANT HAVE IT?, I HAVE A

Customer Question

HELLO,I DO NOT HAVE MY RECEIPT NUMBER, OW CANT HAVE IT?, I HAVE A PAYMENT CONFIRMATION AND EVERYTHING
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

ANSWER: Nobody can provide you with a Receipt Notice number except the USCIS, when they send you your I-797, Receipt Notice. Your case number ***** appear on the Receipt Notice. It usually takes about 30 days from receipt to get your Receipt Notice. So be patient for a few more weeks, and you should receive the notice with the case number *****

I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to talk on the phone for a fee, I can send you an offer for that.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You give no answer James

Yes I sent an answer. Here it is for you again, below:

YOUR QUESTION: OW CANT HAVE IT?,

ANSWER: Nobody can provide you with a Receipt Notice number except the USCIS, when they send you your I-797, Receipt Notice. Your case number ***** appear on the Receipt Notice. It usually takes about 30 days from receipt to get your Receipt Notice. So be patient for a few more weeks, and you should receive the notice with the case number *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's mean i will receive my receipt in a few weeks, and if i never receive it, you don't even know my adress, how do i know if i have your word on it.

Why would I need your address to answer your question? Did you think you contacted the USCIS by posting this question?

I do not provide case numbers. That is for the USCIS, not here. So even if I had your address, I would not be able to give you a case number. This is a site where you ask questions about general immigration issues.

I think you are confused. When you filed, you obviously gave your address to the US government. If you do not receive the receipt notice, then you call the USCIS and request that they send you a new receipt notice, because the first one was not received.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** just takr my money like this, my bad

Did I give you information that you already know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i already know that, everybody knows that, in your web site you say you can help to get the receipt number back and i can pay after a satisfied answer, but you already take tha money, you have money and you do that to me, i just trying to solve my problem, but it's ok, my bad

Unfortunately, I disagree. First, if you already knew this information, then you would not have asked it how to get it. Second, nowhere on this site does it say we can get your receipt notice number.

Anyway, I have asked that this question be closed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't aak how to get it, i asked how to get it back, i had it and i lost it, but thanks have bless one

You did not say that. You specifically asked: "HELLO,I DO NOT HAVE MY RECEIPT NUMBER, OW CANT HAVE IT?"

If you wanted information about how to get it back after you've lost it, then in your question, you should say you received it, and then it has been lost and you need a new one.

Do you still want to know how to get a new one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But you read that say too it's was in oct 29, 2014, thats mean one year befor today

I thought you made a mistake. Second, it is far easier for you just to tell me that it was lost than for me to decode what you are trying to say.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't speak english very well, i just trying to solve my problem but myself because i have body to help me, i have feeling to cry but it's ok, it's not the end of world

It's OK. Do you want me to help you with this? Or do you want a refund for the money you have already spent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have problem for that money, i just want to have the receipt number back, if i have it that will solve my problem, if you can give your that the uscis gonna send me an other receipt that will be fine, it's that i give you all the information have on my first question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to say, i don't problem for that money
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But if you can't give your word that. please give me the refund, please

I don't work for the USCIS, so I can't speak for them. But I do have a solution for you. Do you have access to the check that was sent in to pay the fees?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, i paid online with card

OK, and did you receive some sort of electronic confirmation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did

And the receipt notice number was not included in that?

What kind of case was it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IR1

OK, so you filed an I-130 for someone? Or it was filed for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was filed for me, everything it's done already i have my visa and i'm in usa since one year ago, but i never receive my residence card, i'm trying to have it, when i call they ask me for the receipt number, that's the problem because i lost it

OK, that makes sense. Did you tell them that you applied for adjustment of status? Because you usually do not have a receipt notice number if you entered the US as an immigrant.

Did you and your spouse move from the address that was on the forms when you were sponsored?

Do you have an I-551 stamp in your passport that you got when you entered the US?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we change the adress
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i filed a form already for that

When?

Also, when you call the USCIS to talk about your resident card, did you tell them that you filed for adjustment of status?

Did you actually apply for a replacement card already? What was the payment by credit card for. The I-130?

Please answer every question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not understand what you say, but for uscis i paid $165

When you try to talk to the USCIS, and they ask for your receipt number, what is the application?

What did you pay $165 for?

There is a lot of missing information here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The visa i think, i can't tel you more, my wife can answer you, she knows everything but she is not here right now

OK, so you did not give $165 to the USCIS. You paid that to the Department of State for the visa stamp.

Then you came to the US and your passport should have been stamped with I-551 stamp in it. Did that happen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We paid everything and the uscis, the last pay we made, was uscis

This is all very confusing to me. Your US citizen spouse should have paid $420 for the I-130, and $88 for the I-864. And then there is an immigrant visa fee that is paid when you apply for the visa from outside of the US.

You should not have paid anything extra when you entered the US, unless it was for a new application or petition. But that does not happen when you enter on IR-1. So something is very wrong here.

I think I need to speak to the US citizen spouse.