Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I did my bachelor in computer science India and worked years

Customer Question

I did my bachelor in computer science India and worked for 3 years in Company X and I came to the USA to study Music production in 2012, after studying music production, I got my OPT for 12 months. During that OPT I actually worked on two jobs First at company Y, As a Recording Engineer(Unpaid, related to my music degree) and Second as (paid, part-time contract unrelated to my music degree) Software Engineer at Company Z, however in SEVIS record I only reported Y. Later I got into company W as database engineer and before my OPT get expired I got enrolled into master program in May 2014 and got the CPT to start to continue working with company W and Later joined U, who filed for my H1b and now I’ve H1B with company U and I’m going to H1B Stamping in India.
DS - 160 asks for previous 5 years of work history and also only three work info can be filled online and for the rest of them I need to carry just the documents.
What job information I should mentioned avoiding any extra quest
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

Please answer the following:

Can you confirm that you worked with two employers on OPT, one if which was approved and the other was not?

About what are you hoping to avoid questions?

Please note that I will have to step away from the system for a few hours. If you can answer those questions, I can continue to assist you upon my return. My apologies for any inconvenience this might cause you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I worked on two jobs OPT that I got from Music business , one was just at the recording studio and engineer, not very regular once in while but that what I reported to my DSO. another job was on constract on computer science which was paid.

It is important for you to answer all of my questions fully and completely.

Were they both allowed under the OPT? Did your DSO permit you to work or approve you for the two jobs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I didn't inform my DSO for second jobs so it wasn't approved, Only one job was permit under OPT, first one.Sorry I'll try to answer clearly now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sir/Madam,

As I mentioned previously, I was going to be offline for a few hours. I am back now. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!

During this process, please remember that I do not work for the government. My job is to be honest with you about your situation, and sometimes that means I have to deliver bad news. When you are giving a rating, please do not rate the state of the law or the outcome of your situation. I cannot control those things. I am just a messenger.

I know a negative outcome might create negative feelings for you, but those feelings should be directed to the US laws, not me. Thank you for your understanding.

QUESTION: What job information I should mentioned avoiding any extra quest

ANSWER: Unfortunately, I cannot instruct you not to be honest in your answers to immigration. That would be a violation of my ethical duty, as well as a basis for losing my professional license. And if discovered, you will not only be denied the benefits sought, but also could be found to have committed immigration visa fraud and/or misrepresentation. And for that, you can be banned permanently from the United States.

The problem here is you undertook unauthorized employment, which automatically put you out of status. As such, you would have lost your lawful status in the US on the date you began to work illegally. The good news is, when you fall out of status in the US while on F1, you do not accrue unlawful presence until you are either ordered to leave the US by the USCIS or the immigration court or some other governmental agency related to immigration. So you would not be subject to an unlawful presence ban by leaving the US.

So I cannot tell you to leave out or be dishonest about your past, in order to avoid questioning. In fact, you should be honest about it because the US government has access to a lot of information; if they find out you were not being honest, that is going to be far worse for you than this.

I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to talk on the phone for a fee, I can send you an offer for that.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. This is very important. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.