Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am applying k1 visa and my finance is in Belize. I have

Customer Question
I am applying for a...
I am applying for a k1 visa and my finance is in Belize. I have concerns over the i134 I 've just recently graduated from college and last years taxes that i filed I barely made any money because I was working part time. the two years prior i was not working. I just recently got a job but I haven't gotten a paycheck stub from my employer. What exactly do I need to send will they deny us based on previous tax returns and that i just recently started working full time. I do have some assets would that help with the situation ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/5/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Your fiance would be denied the K1 visa at the visa interview. That is where she has to present the I-134.

With no income history to speak of and your being on the job a very short time at the time she is interviewed it is likely the consular officer will not be satisfied with the pay stubs of a few months and a letter from your employer stating that you have commenced employment in Oct/Nov 2015 and that it is anticipated that the job will be permanent for the foreseeable future. That is what the letter needs to say.

If you have assets of approx 3xs the amount required for 125% poverty level which is $20K per year, $60K in assets would satisfy the consular officer.

It would be better if you have a joint sponsor or wait until you are able to show your financial stability.

I see this is the first time you are using JA and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

I figured that I would need a co-sponsor, I have a friend that will do it for me however he hasn't filed his taxes in the last few years. What supporting documents does he need to support his income? Would w2's work?

Me must have the most recent 3 years returns and W2s.

He only sends the most recent year 2014 with W2 but USCIS could come back asking for the other years.

Please remember rating me is mandatory for me to be compensated. I don't leave you after rating. This thread remains open for follow-up questions forever on this issue.

I appreciate your good faith by rating one of my answers and I promise you can still have access to me.

Have a great day. and Thank you in advance.

Judith

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.
Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer