How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109662
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a naturalized U.S. Citizen and I am petitioning a card

Customer Question

Hello, I am a naturalized U.S. Citizen and I am petitioning a green card for my husband. We have been married for 5 years and have a 20 month old toddler. He is doing an adjustment of status because he is currently an f1 student. I would like help calculating
whether I can sponsor him or if I need someone else. I own a company. We had a loss last year but I will earn more this year. My income for 2015 will be $50K, but I haven't filed taxes yet. My income for 2014 was -$2K My income for 2013 was $2k I own an apartment
which is worth $66K, I don't have a mortgage on it. Could I use this asset to help? I also have at least $10K in my bank account and every month there is movement for over $30K. Could I use the cash and property to qualify as his sponsor? Thank you very much.
Sincerely, ***** *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Are you sure that is your gross income for each year or your net income? Which forms do you file?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your quick response.My husband made $30k net income this year so far. We have filed form 941 and paid taxes on that income this year. I have made $20K.What documentation would I need to submit to use my assets (condo that we own)? Do I need to do an assessment of the value of the property?
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Here is the official link:

You need to prove CURRENT income of your own that is $25,512 per year or more. You can do that by providing your last 3 to 6 bank statements, last 3 to 6 paycheck stubs or whatever you use to pay yourself, and a letter on company letterhead that states income. And yes, you can use 1/3 the value of any asset that you own. So combining your income and property value, you should make it.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!