Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am on L1 A status I married a Guatemalan citizen in 2013

Customer Question
Hi ,I am on L1...
Hi ,I am on L1 A status I married a Guatemalan citizen in 2013 and brought her to US on L2. But within a 2 weeks she returned back and never came back. I learned that she has an affair with someone else and hence we started having issues and since then she remained in Guatemala. Her L2. Has expired and mine is extended.Divorce is in progress. I plan to get married in India early February next year and hoping by then divorce should be completed. Will I have any problem getting my wife on L2 status as long as she has a valid marriage certificate ? Do I have to prove the previous divorce ? Since my first wife's L2 visa has expired and not extended. Does it require any cancellation?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/2/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

To marry again, you need to be legally divorced. For your new spouse to get the L-2 visa, you will need to show the divorce certificate and the new marriage certificate. Other than that it should be fine for your new spouse to get a new L-2. And no, because the old L-2 is expired, it does not require a cancellation.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Junaid. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.