How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109612
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My family warnded me and I didntr want to believe it. But

Customer Question

hello --my family warnded me for months and I didntr want to believe it . But found it now to be true i married a girl from Germany a year ago who married me for a green card . how can i get her deported
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

I'm sorry this has happened to you. What proof do you have that she only married you for the green card?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We fought continuously and never reaally seemed as if she loved me ..i had enough and said its over ..i thought she would move back to Germany because she used to say all the time I hate America and I hate Americans --now she informed me she is staying and has no intention of leaving ..she used to say it was only for me that is shy she is here mom has alot of examples of why she knew it was never for love but I used to think she was crazy I found out every single person i tell I an getting divorced said they knew she was only in it for the green card ..they could tell she didnt love me ..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry my typing bad -- she said i am the only reason she is here she is staying she doesnt want to leave ..
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Does she have a 2 year conditional green card or the 10 year green card?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe a 2 year year -
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. You should start the divorce process now and gather as much evidence that you can that she only married you for a green card. The evidence has to be good because there are two very harsh penalties for marriage fraud:

The first, 18 U.S.C. § 1325(c), provides a penalty of up to five years imprisonment and up to $250,000 fine for any "individual who knowingly enters into a marriage for the purpose of evading any provision of the immigration laws."

The second is a permanent deportation from the U.S. This means that she can never immigrate, even if she marries a different U.S. Citizen and even if she has U.S. Citizen children.

You can report marriage fraud in three different ways:

1) You can go to and file the report there.

2) You can call the ICE hotline at 1-(866)(###) ###-####

3) You can contact the local USCIS field office by going to

You should have evidence of the marriage fraud handy in case they want to ask you questions or have you send evidence to them.

As to what that evidence could be, it could be anything that you think of. Witness statements, letters, emails, recordings, etc. The more you have, the better it is.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Michael. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!