How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109309
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister had 5 children placed in care and when she had

Customer Question

My sister had 5 children placed in foster care and when she had another son, she sent him to Mexico with paternal grandparents so CPS would not take him from her. She was never able to reclaim her children and has now passed away. What does her son in Mexico have to do to return to the USA. He is now 14. His paternal father is in US illegally and not listed as father on her birth certificate. I am biological aunt.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

But the son was born in the U.S., correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Houston, Texas.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. So he can get a U.S. Passport to come back to the U.S. But who will take care of him in the U.S.?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I, his aunt or another aunt.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

But you or the other aunt live legally in the U.S. or you want to know how you could immigrate with him?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We, his aunts live in the US.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome. You want to know if the biological father will be a problem?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Where does the biological father live? Do you think he will oppose his son living with an aunt?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I wish you would respond. If the father cannot be found, then you should file a termination of parental rights petition with the court where the child lives and get that court to give permission for the child to travel with the U.S. Passport into the U.S. Once the child is in the U.S. in the custody of you or the other aunt, then after the child lives in the U.S. for 6 months or more, a motion could be filed with the family court in the U.S. granting custody to you or the other aunt. Or either you or the other aunt can file to adopt the child.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!