How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28812
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got my initial H1- in 2012. I switched jobs in Sep 2013.

Customer Question

I got my initial H1-B in 2012. I switched jobs in Sep 2013. My visa on passport has expired. My I797 and I94 are still valid till 2016. What documents do I need to take for visa stamping when travelling abroad? Do I need to start a green card application before stamping.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

No you do not need to begin your green card process before going for visa staping.

However, you are getting close to when you been to begin in order to qualify for an extension beyond the 6th years. Your PERM must be filed 365 days before your 6th year is over. It can take more than 6 months prep work to file a PERM

You need to take with your the following:

1. A letter from your employer stating that your position as defined in the I-129 petition continues to be available to you and you have been working it uninterrupted since joining the company in 2013.

2. You should take your 2013 and 2014 tax returns with W-2s.

3. You should take with you a current payroll history run for 2015 or at minimum 3 months payroll stubs.

4. All your original credentials, degrees, diplomas, submitted with the petition.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a positive rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you.. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert. Understand, it is my job to be honest and truthful about the law and sometimes the law does not give you the solution or options you want. If you feel I earned a BONUS, I am grateful. I will remember you and review our question history. Thank you.


Related Immigration Law Questions