Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

I'm out of the US and will be returning again next year on

Customer Question

Hi I'm out of the US and will be returning again next year on the same company/project. I still have a valid Visa until 2018. However my I-129s/PED annotation says July 2015. Which is the petition expiry date. My I-797 blanket petition says expiry indefinite.
Can I travel back to US with the same paper or do I need to apply for new Visa stamping and new I-129s petition?
Or can my company can apply for I-129s without needing for Visa stamping?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My first Visa is L1-B Issued on July 2009
My 2nd Visa is L1-B Issued on Sep 2013 expiration is September 2018
Maximum Physical Stay was last December 29 2014.
Question really is can we just apply for a renewal of the petition I-129s without having Visa stamping?
I will be assigned on the same client same company same project.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If your L1-B is valid until 2018, then all your employer needs to do is file a new I-129s for your new period of stay and that would be your grant of admission to the US to work for your employer. You do not need a new visa application, the I-129s is your visa for your entry to the US.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this common apply for new I-129s without having to do a Visa stamping? what do you call this application? renewal, extension?
On my Visa stamp, there's a annotation and it says PED: 29-Jul-2015. see attached image.
Will I be questioned on the Point of Entry?
Thank you!

Thank you for your reply.

The visa is "stamped" when you come to the country at the immigration desk, that is different and has nothing to do with the I-129S which is your visa authorization to enter to work. So when you return you present the I-129S with your L1-B visa and passport at the Immigration Desk and they will stamp the L1-B at point of entry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any chance that the new I-129s petition application for the same L1-B visa gets denied?

Thank you for your reply.

If you did not commit any crimes here or in your country since the last time you were here, then I see no reason why the entry under your L1-B would be denied.