How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3956
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently engaged to a Canadian citizen. We would like

Customer Question

I am currently engaged to a Canadian citizen. We would like to get marriage license and simply get married at the local court house.
She is scheduled to move in with me at my home in Avon, Ohio 11/10/15.
Her mother is a Canadian citizen, Her father "was" a US citizen. He served in the military. However he passed away several years ago.
I have a few questions that I need answered:
1. What documentation do we need to get married?
2. We read that she may already have US citizenship because of her fathers US citizenship and military service. How can we confirm?
3. As she will be moving here, we will rent a U-Haul to move all things, what paperwork will we need to get through customs?
4. She does not have a valid Canadian drivers license but will need an Ohio Drivers License. What is the best way to go about this?
Submitted: 1 year ago via USmarriagelaws.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Are you trying to get married in Ohio or in Canada?

What is her date of birth? What is her father's date of birth and how long did he live in the US?

Related Immigration Law Questions