How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4741
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I visited US in June 2008 along with my parents and sis to

Customer Question

Hi, I visited US in June 2008 along with my parents and sis to visit my brothers. We stayed till Nov and returned back to our country before 6 months( we did not over stay). I planned to visit again in september 2009 by myself. This time i had plans of getting my I20 from a unversity while my stay in US. But i at the port entry i was questioned as to why i am getting my documents on B1/B2 visa. I explained the same.
They were not convinced and gave me 2 options (1). Deport me imposing a ban for 5 yrs. (2). Deport me and cancel my visa.I chose the second one coz i want to go back on a student visa.Now i am planning to apply for B1/B2 visa again. what are the chances of getting the visas and would there be any issues at the port entry. Would my previous data still be available in the system.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. the chances will depend on what you can show as significant ties to your country. For example show that you have a good job in your country that will be waiting for you property , assets, bank accounts, and other cultural or religious ties. If you can show this, you have a good chance.

There may still be issued at the port of entry as there was last time. There could be a previous record that would come up about this. You would have to prove to them also that you do not have immigrant intent to remain in the US under B1/B2 or intent to change to F1 while in on B2. If you can convince them, you should be fine.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Related Immigration Law Questions