How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4891
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a lawyer in china,my wife and I are expecting a second

Customer Question

I am a lawyer in china,my wife and I are expecting a second child,that is not allow ed in China ,I will get my disbarment,and my wife lost her job too.can I get asylum in the us?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. In order to apply for asylum you must have a fear of persecution which is based on race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership in a particular social group. You may be able to qualify for asylum based on fear of persecution related to your political opinion because you do not want to adhere to the one child policy in China.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I don't think one child policy is political option ,have you ever do this kind of case like mine before.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If you have been persecuted or have a well founded fear that you will be persecuted for failure or refusing to undergo such a procedure or for other resistance to the one child policy, yes it can be considered that you have been persecuted on account of political opinion.

Hope that helps you clarify and that I have I earned your positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my family can get the asylum visa?
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You can only apply for asylum if you are inside the US. If you would like to apply for refugee status, you can visit the US embassy/consulate and discuss applying for refugee status.

Related Immigration Law Questions