Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My husband is on b2 visa he visited to USA and went back to

Customer Question

My husband is on b2 visa he visited to USA and went back to home country...and he want to come here with f2 visa
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Ok. I assume you are on an F-1. What questions do you have?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm on f1....and he already has b2 visa...I'm in opt Nw...

Sorry for the delay. You still haven't asked any questions. If you want to know how he gets into F-2, then he has to file an I-539 BEFORE his stay in the U.S. expires. It does not matter if his stay expires after you file an I-539. As long as the I-539 is pending and was filed before his stay expires, he can stay. Obviously you need to show proof that you are married and that you are in valid OPT. Here is a link:

http://www.uscis.gov/i-539

He can stay as long as your current status is valid but needs to extend it when you do or change it when you do, so for example, if you get H-1B, he needs to change to H-4.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.