Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I have a friend who employs someone who isn't here legally.

Customer Question
Can he sponsor him to...
I have a friend who employs someone who isn't here legally. Can he sponsor him to become a citizen?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
10/19/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Most likely not. Many of those persons that are illegally in the U.S. cannot "fix" their status through an employer without leaving the U.S. first and risking a 10 year bar. If you would like me to go over the options they do have, I will need you to answer the following and do not worry, I will not ask for any personal information like name, etc.:

How did he enter the U.S.? Illegally or with a visa? Which visa? What country is he from? How long ago did he enter the U.S.? How old was he when he entered the U.S.? Please try to answer each question. Thank you.

Ely, Counselor at Law