How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108656
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a U.S. citizen and my husband has a permanent card

Customer Question

I am a U.S. citizen and my husband has a permanent green card holder! His nephew who is 8 years old would have a better life in America! His parents are married but have extreme financial problems and are willing to allow us to adopt him! What do I need to do to bring him to America to raise him, and most likely we will travel back to morocco every other year so he could see his parents and lil sister I just see something so special about him and want to give him the opportunities of a better life! Hope you can steer me in the right direction! Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like a step by step check list of what I would need to do! Also what is the estimated time for this to happen! Thanks again
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

He was born in and lives in Morocco?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in Casablanca!
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Well, it might be a problem to adopt. First, he has to meet the definition of an "orphan". Here is a link:

So just because the parents want to give him up for adoption may not be enough. It has to reach the level of abandonment.

If it does reach that level and you are able to adopt, then here is the link with pretty much everything that you need to know:

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions