How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109032
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 1953 5 to USA,American father,German mother.I have the

Customer Question

In 1953 5 to USA,American father,German mother.I have the flight manifest with our names on it,old passport with my picture.,Some kind of Army paper with info about us going to USA..They only speak of my brother not me.Tried to apply for passport 10 years ago.That's how I found out about this problem.Also have German birth certificate.What should I do? You helped me three years ago,very good results.Thought I try again .Thanks,Kathy Reeves
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What visa did you use to enter the U.S.? Did you obtain a green card/U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Kathy, I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Depending on your date of birth, if your father was a U.S. Citizen, married to your mother, or at least have legitimated you before you turned a certain age, and he had enough physical presence in the U.S. before you were born, you might have been able to acquire U.S. Citizenship at birth. If not, then you may have acquired it when and if your mother became a U.S. Citizen. And if not, then you have to see if you are a least a green card holder and then apply for U.S. Citizenship on your own. Since you aren't answering me requests for more evidence, it makes it harder to help you. Here is a link to some charts that you may find helpful:

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions