Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I need to find out if this person Eduviges M. Castaneda is

Customer Question
legal before I enter into...
I need to find out if this person Eduviges M. Castaneda is legal before I enter into a contract because she and her husband cannot speak English and this contract is to owe me money on a home as a mortgage
I need to know if Eduviges M. Castaneda is a legally in the U.S. before I start a mortgage loan with her.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
10/15/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

During this process, please remember that I do not work for the government. My job is to be honest with you about your situation, and sometimes that means I have to deliver bad news. When you are giving a rating, please do not rate the state of the law or the outcome of your situation. I cannot control those things. I am just a messenger.

I know a negative outcome might create negative feelings for you, but those feelings should be directed to the US laws, not me. Thank you for your understanding.

ANSWER: Unfortunately, one's immigration status is confidential and personal. So the only way you will find out if they are lawfully present is by looking at their immigration documents (passport, green card or other documents showing current, lawful status (I-94 or entry stamp in the US).

I'm very sorry. But unfortunately, US privacy laws prohibits providing immigration information to persons who do not have permission from the individuals who immigration status is being sought. This information is not publicly accessible, like criminal records, etc.

I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer