Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

What are the typical RFE to F1 visa COS application. What…

Customer Question
What are the typical RFE...
What are the typical RFE for B2 to F1 visa COS application. What can you show as ties to back home
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
10/15/2015
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

The typical RFE is asking for a copy of your admission application to see if you applied soon after arriving in the US. They do that to say you misrepresent your intent to be a visitor when you planned to attend school.

Judith

If going for advanced degree you can get employer letter stating you had not terminated your employment prior to coming to the US and that they will rehire you when you return following completion of advanced degree.

Judith

For Judith
we are living with my husband's brother is that a problem.If brother in law submitting his affidavit of support will that be good.

It is neither good or bad. It is not something that would be a reason to deny the COS.

Judith